Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So I'll be in at 5:30...

It's April Fools Day today and I had a great idea for a prank. I called Thomas, my best friend, and told him that my company was holding job interviews on Texas Tech's campus and they needed me to fly up spur of the moment. This has happened once before so it was entirely plausable. I told him my flight was at 5:30 pm and I needed him to pick me up. He works on the same side of town so I figured it wasn't going to be out of his way and he could just come after work.

So, 5:30 rolls around and I called him.

"Are you here" I asked.
"Yeah, let me circle around" said Thomas.
"Ok. Thomas, what day is it?"
"I said I have to circle around. Did you hear me?"
"Yeah, I heard you. What day is it?"
"It's..."
"April Fool's!!!" I exclaimed.

I think he thought I was joking at first but then I clarified that I was in Dallas and wasn't coming to Lubbock. I laughed and laughed. Thomas did not. He proceded to take his love away from me after I demanded he tell me he loved me. I got him to admit it was a good joke but he got all butt hurt about spending three dollars in gas to come pick me up so I guess I am going to have to get him 200 Takas to make it up to him.

I love April Fools Day.

That is all,

Newt

5 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

My prediction of the day: Someone's getting their butt kicked next time they go to Lubbock

Trinity said...

If you have ever seen Thomas you know that isn't something I have to worry about. I can just sit on him and he would be dead.

Addy's Daddy said...

Sitting on me has more to say about your obesity than it does my scrawniness, Jabba.

By the by, I actually stayed home yesterday because Addison had pink eye, so in reality I drove from my house to the airport, which is clear on the other side of town. That made the time that I spent on your little prank about 40 - 50 minutes.

I am in no need of Takas, but as I stated on the phone, I won't pick you up the next time you come in. Enjoy taking a $25 cab, Asshat!

P.S. Love still being withheld...

Erin said...

Thomas, I'm sorry. Knowing his impish love of tricks, I was on Trinity-guard all day yesterday and managed to emerge unscathed. Unless there's a time delay on something...

Hope Addy's doing better!!

Trinity said...

Well, I thought you were at work. And I don't mind taking cabs. They are lovely and I am quite pleased with myself.

You can't use the baby to make this less funny.