Friday, April 24, 2009

TBWCYL Day 114 - Bad ass Banana

I have found a new career as a tattoo artist. The book has helped me discover an inner talent I have for artistry of the body. How? Well, today I was to tattoo a banana. This is pretty simple and a cheap date if you need one. Just take one banana and a sharp object and start scraping the banana gently. After you have carved out your design, just sit it in the sun and after a while it will brown and voila.











The design I went for was a 'broken glass' motif. I wanted this tat to be convey a message. This banana should be able to walk through any grove and when a puto sees it he will say, "Damn, Ese. That Plantain has been through some shit and still walks proud."












I wanted to do a full peel tat for my first try. Go big or go home and all that. I think it turned out pretty good. I kept my hand steady and my butter knife from cutting too deep.












When this pseudostem wasn't looking, I tagged him with my signature. I got him in the belly so maybe he won't notice. But that was free advertising and I couldn't resist.


That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

I can't quite tell from the pics ... did you tattoo Love and Hate on it's knuckles too?

Now THAT would be badass!

Trinity said...

Diana ate my masterpiece. NOOOOO!!!