Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TBWCYL Day 105 - My Pants are on fire!!!

Did I ever tell you the story about how I met Andree 3000 from the group Outkast? Diana and I were in L.A. visiting some old friends and they are Vegan so they decided to take us to a ritzy Vegan restaurant, where they had tofu and fresh veggies that had been shaped to resemble real food. It was disgusting and I only enjoyed the mashed potatoes. Anyway, we look over and Diana says, "Hey, I think that is Andre 3000". I looked over and sure enough, he was sitting at the next table, eating dessert.

He saw us noticing him and said hello. He was very friendly and we exchanged pleasantries and told him how much we liked his music. This was right when he started making movies and was in town for a press junket or something to do with his latest film. All in all the meal was less than impressive but meeting Andre Benjamin was pretty cool.

So, today's task was to lie about something in your past. I made that story up today as I was across the table from a coworker. We were doing some manual labor so I took my phone, which is a Walkman phone, and turned on the music. When 'Mrs. Jackson' came on, I remembered my task still needed to be done and made the above story up. He believed me and we went about our day.

I am an awesome liar of some regard. I have a fairly good track record for it and can keep up a good yarn for a good while. Therefore I took this task on with joy. I hope that this gets brought up later and I can make him look the fool.

That is all,

Newt

4 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

You are a somewhat exceptional liar. I don't know if I like the book encouraging this kind of behavior from you - it only further hones your devious skills.

Trinity said...

Well, as Thomas Jefferson said "A lie is sometimes necessary, often convenient, and frequently amusing."

Girl Interrupted said...

Yep, what Erin said

Addy's Daddy said...

Thomas Jefferson did not say that....