Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TBWCYL Day 104 - It's All Relative

Today's task was fairly easy and I actually feel pretty good about it. The greeting card industry has really put the public in a bind with all of these holiday's that are made just to sell cards. Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, Secretary's Day. It is starting to get ridiculous. I refuse to buy my dentist a card.

So, today I was to combine all of those days into one, easy to handle day of thanks/greeting by sending everyone in my family a card. I extended this a little to cover any people I considered family too. I got a box of Peeps cards, those little Marshmallow Easter candies, and they were in funny poses so I thought them fun and topical.

I hit my cousins, or the ones I had addresses for, so Cousin's Day is taken care of.
I sent my Aunts and Uncles cards, so that should take care of Extended Family Day.
I send my Grandparents a joint card. Saves on stamps and knocks out Grandparents Day.
I sent my sister a card to take care of both Mother's and Sibling's Day.
Mother's and Father's Days were both taken care of via one card to my parents, and one to my extra parents.
I also sent one to my Gay Friends, partly because if there isn't a Gay Day, there should be and partly because the Peeps that were on the card were in Cowboy outfits and I thought it looked Gay.
And finally, I sent one to my buddy Thomas. I figure until Hallmark decides to make an HLM day, I will just have to make one of my own.

Eat me Hallmark,

Newt

6 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

Definitely an improvement on yesterday's task

Britain needs to start importing Peeps!

Trinity said...

Peeps are incredibly disgusting.

As I bought the cards yesterday, the checkout girl felt the need to share that she liked to microwave her Peeps to watch them melt.

She was kinda weird.

Addy's Daddy said...

I concur about peeps begin gross. I tried them again over the weekend to see if they had improved. They had not. I will be looking forward to not eating them when they arrive. I will give them to my dad though - the only person I know who likes them. He had a stockpile of them for Easter.

Anonymous said...

Thomas - you aren't getting any peeps. Just a card. DUH

Erin said...

Deep-fried peeps, anyone?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/04/deep-fried-peeps-recipe.html

Nastiness. And for the opposite of nastiness, I think the cards are a lovely gesture. Two thumbs up, book.

Trinity said...

Don't worry Thomas, We still love you. Whoever Anonymous is they have serious identity issues and strike out at people.

But they are right, you are only getting a card.