Thursday, April 23, 2009

TBWCYL Day 113 - Brought to you by the letter F

Guess what costs $8.25 and starts with the letter F? Go on, guess. I bet you can't get it. OK, enough guessing. You weren't even close. the answer is:

One ticket to see 'The Fast and the Furious'.

Today it was deemed necessary for me to see a film that begins with the letter F. So, I got online and looked at what was available and, lo and behold, there is only 1 movie in the theatres right now that starts with F, the most recent ' The Fast and the Furious' film.

I haven't seen the first F&F or 2F2F. I also skipped out on 'Tokyo Drift' since I am not a car person and don't see much use for Vin Diesel. I mean seriously. The guy cannot act. He shows know emotion whatsoever and every line he sounds has the exact same monotone structure.

And Paul Walker is no better. Though, he has some very pretty blue eyes.

I have a confession to make. I am embarrassed to say this and will deny it if you repeat it but...I liked the movie. Ahh!! I didn't mean to but I couldn't help it. The acting was mediocre, the story followed the same plot as any Jean Claude Van Damme flick from 1994, and the overall movie should have been laughable, but it still was entertaining.

I feel dirty.

Some times it is ok to like stupid movies. How else can I justify my bad taste?

That is all,

Newt

4 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

Mindless entertainment is underrated sometimes. I should be somewhat ashamed of some of the things waiting for me on my DVR right now.

Oh, but those pretty blue eyes...

Addy's Daddy said...

I long ago realized that I couldn't place my faith in your taste in film, music, books, etc. Don't get me wrong, some of your stuff is super-awesome, but some of it is super-ridiculously awful. This just cements that for me.

Trinity said...

You know you liked watchin TimeCop when it came out, and anything with Steven Segal or Chuck Norris is not good but can still be enjoyed. I think if you gave it a try and watched it for what it is, you would like it too.

Girl Interrupted said...

I might enjoy it ... after several large cocktails