Wednesday, April 08, 2009

TBWCYL Day 98 - $#!+, $#!+, $#!+

So, today I wasn't allowed to swear. Aside from "Drat" and "Dang" I was restricted. If I swore I owed a $1 to the book, per swear said.

Luckily, I don't have a large tendecy to curse so this wasn't a challenge. I did think a few curse words but otherwise, I have been swear free.

Some nice alternatives to swearing are:

Drat - I am assuming this was created when the London when the rat population was spreading the plague. The Brits would say Damn Rat and it slured because of their accents.

Dang - I believe this isn't actually a swear word but instead code for having a large booger in your nose. Two friends had to have come up with this to cover for each other when in public. It is probably short for Dangle.

"Check out that hot chick"

Two guys walk up when the wingman notices a bat in the belfry and says, "Dang!"
Guy turns around and flicks out the dangler. Problem solved.

Crud - This one stands for crud. That one is pretty simple.

Gadzooks - I always thought this better as a revelatory exclamation. I am not sure who Gad is but his ooks are pretty testy.

That is all,
Newt

6 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

Good thing you're not in public accounting. We tend to swear quite a bit on a daily basis.

Girl Interrupted said...

Drat you, Trinity! There's nothing wrong with our accents!

Trinity said...

Erin - I could never be an accountant because I don't have the patience or work ethic for that.

GI Kate - I love British accents. They are super cool and sexy and I have always wished I had one. Some days I can pull them off and others they sound like an Indian man.

Addy's Daddy said...

Diana would have been screwed with this - she can't even stop her cussing in front of children!

Also, you make it sound like you are semi-successful with the British accent thing, when the truth is that your record is more like 95% Indian man and 5% Brit when attempted.

Trinity said...

I suppose it is true. When I try it comes out wrong. The spontaneous accent usually comes out much better.

Trinity said...

It varies. I can go any which way depending on the last time I heard one. I like to think it is very Hugh Grant-ish but in reality it is probably more like something The Rock would do.

I get very adaptive though so if I hear it long enough I start to accidentally adopt it. Then it sounds better.