Friday, April 17, 2009

TBWCYL Day 107 - Chatty Cathy

Today was globalization day. I was to search Internet chat rooms and make friends. I have begun using Google Talk to chat with Girl Interrupted and in doing so we have become chums. However, I couldn't use that as my chat so she was kind enough to join me in a chat room called the Wild West Saloon on a chat site called Talk City. Here are some of the people I chatted with.

oxman37 - lives in Wyoming and was doing laundry, called oxman because his last name is Oxley. Pretty sure he was an old dude. He was in a war of some kind.
Tat - has a birthday next week and doesn't drink
DarkStead_13 - pretty sure he is an alcoholic because he kept drinking virtual rounds
PerditaR - Actually Girl Interrupted in disguise
VaginaStentch - not making that up

The chat room consisted of a lot of people buying virtual drinks. "Can I get you a drink", "DarkStead_13 sets a round of Jello Shots for anyone that wants one", and "Oxman37 pours a drink for PerditaR" were consistently being sent. One person, Tat, was not even a drinker but chose a Saloon themed chat room. Very intriguing.

The best part of this was heckling the people via Google Chat. They didn't know what GI Kate and I were heckling but it was a hoot none the less.

That is all,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

I knew it was smart to resist Google Chat. I can't spend my work hours playing in chat rooms - I need to do important things like plan vacations and follow Ashton Kutcher on Twitter.

Girl Interrupted said...

Can't beat a nice bit of heckling.

I think oxman fought in the Civil War.

Trinity said...

Erin, we did this after work. Even I don't have a job that allows for chat room time.