Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TBWCYL Day 207 wait I mean 132 - Waxing philsophical

I have to take each of the French tasks and try to adjust it for the country I am in so when I read today's task was to be, "Sit in a cafe all day writing your philosophy" I thought, "Well, German's aren't known for drinking coffee, they drink beer." Also, we were riding the train to Prague today and I had to factor that in. So, today's task became, sit in a train car all day and watch the countryside pass you by while drinking beer and writing your philosophy.

We boarded our train in Munich at 08:30 and headed to Prague where we spent 3 lovely hours on a state of the art train. I had a lovely tea to start my writing off but as soon as we entered the Czech Republic the train was stopped, we had to lug our luggage(that name finally makes sense) out of the car and onto a small bus where a man who spoke no English haphazardly drove us to a train station that could have passed for a train graveyard and we pulled ourselves onto a rusty train car and finished the journey into Prague. The countryside flew past us as we rattled in to the station. I had 2 beers over the course of the Prague journey.

So, here is my philosophy as best as I could write it.

I don't believe a single idea can ever permeates a person's being. So I live my life specifically with the ideas that if you are good to people, an occasional A-Hole, and you are kind to animals that your life should be fairly prosperous. Chivalry isn't dead and anyone who says it is can go suck an egg. Life should be fun and being a childish adult is not the same thing as being childish. I think I prove that quite frequently.

I constantly find that a person can surprise oneself and I do it often. Not sure how many people can say that though. I know almost all of my faults even if I can't always admit them, and I also know my strengths. A person should look inside themselves daily to check on both of these. If you don't you will not be able to grow as a person.

We sleep, eat, work, eat, work, repeat process. Everything else is a decision, a choice and can be a determinate of life. This book has shown me that if nothing else. We determine our own path. We choose whether to find something funny, sad, humorous, silly or tragic. Every one of these choices starts to determine a part of who we are and can be.

Always ask for the things you want because if you don't you might not get the chance to later.

I came up with that one during the train ride after I poured out half of my canned beer and Erin said, "I might have wanted that."

That was the best I could do on philosophy. I could probably come up with more at some point but the train rattled the entire ride through Prague and made it hard to write.

That is all,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

That's some good philosophy

Don't you just love train rides!

Trinity said...

No, they are uncomfortable and my ass fell asleep alot. The German trains are 100 times better than the Czech though. I couldn't sleep at all and felt entirely uncomfortable on it.

Erin said...

I will now be more assertive in asking for bites of food and sips of beverage. Although I think I usually do that pretty well. Mmmm, food.