Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TBWCYL Day 147 - Cha-cha-cha-cha-changes

So, today's task was to change someone's mind.

Diana has refused for the past year or so to watch the new "Transformers" movie with Shia Labeouf. I have argued with her, begged her, and demanded that she watch it, to no avail. Finally, over the weekend I got some extra ammunition when Jessica, Thomas' wife, said that she liked it. I brought this info home and my wife didn't care.

Tonight I finally got her to agree to watch it by bribing her with a back rub and an agreement that I would watch "Australia". She was adamant that she would never watch it but since she changed her mind I completed my task. So, what was the outcome?

Well, you know that part where Sam takes the Cube and shoves it in Megatron's chest, killing him and saving Optimus Prime? Or that part where Megatron thaws out and all hell breaks loose as he starts coming after the Allspark? Or when all the Decepticons converge with the Autobots and the final battle happens? Well, Diana doesn't because she somehow fell asleep for the last half hour of the movie. AAAHHHHHAHRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

How can this happen? She didn't like it. She didn't like Shia Labeouf's witty Sam character, she didn't like the annoying cop(though I don't care for him), and she didn't like, and I quote, "The robot's voices. They were annoying." What?!? They sounded like robots.
She can suspend disbelief about a man in a suit of armor or a guy turning into a giant green Hulk but she didn't enjoy the giant robots fighting. How does that make any sense?

I was sure that if I just got her to watch it that she would like it....Sure!!! I thought I could get her to change her mind about liking the movie and not just watching it. How could I be so wrong? How could she not enjoy it? Who did I marry? I have to watch "Australia". Good Grief.

That is all,

Newt

5 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

Your second wife hasn't seen it, either, and I don't know if you have much more of a shot there.

"Australia" has Hugh Jackman. Nuff said.

Erin said...

Oh, Hugh Jackman...

Trinity said...

That is bullcrap. Transformers has got to be better than Australia for the sheer fun of it if nothing else.

How can you people not want to see giant talking robots?

Addy's Daddy said...

Sucks to be you! My wife was bummed that she didn't get to go to "Star Trek" with us. I guess I did a better job of turning my wife into a geek than you did, you failure!

Girl Interrupted said...

I hated the Transformers cartoons but seriously loved the film, although I must admit I was extremely dubious about going to see it.

But I'm sorry Trinity ... I'm with Erin on this one, you know about me and the lovely Hugh ... he'd win over pretty much everything