Wednesday, May 06, 2009

TBWCYL Day 126 - I'll take one of everything

So, today I was to exercise my full rights as a consumer by purchasing prepackaged material by the unit. I wasn't sure I really wanted to get into a fight with a store manager so I got creative. I went to the local Target(pronounced Tar-je) and bought one of every Jelly Belly Jelly Bean they offered. You are allowed to mix and match flavors but I took it to the extreme.

I went around and picked out one of each flavor they offered and ended up buying about 30 beans. So, I sort of stuck it to the man by breaking conformity and I now get to eat all the beans and see if I can tell what flavors they are. I won't actually know if I am correct but it will be a fun experiment all on it's own.

That is all,

Newt

7 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of you removing four superfluous buns from the package of twleve hot dog buns so it would match up with the eight hot dogs in a package...all because some big shot at the weiner company got together with some big shot at the bun company...

Trinity said...

I do like that idea. I also toyed with just buying one beer out of a 6 pack. But I thought the Jelly Bean thing would work and it was late.

Thinking back on it, I wish I had just walked up with one Jelly Bean in the bag. It would have been funnier.

Addy's Daddy said...

Oh, "Father of the Bride" - what a great film you were!

Ironic that a person reading a Steve Martin bio at the moment didn't pick up on the allusion....

Trinity said...

I have no idea what you are referring too.

Erin said...

Oh, Thomas, thank you!! I figured the book might nudge his thinking that direction...but I guess not. I'm glad I could count on you, though.

Addy's Daddy said...

You also have no idea what version of to/too/two means what! AGAIN!

In "Father of the Bride", Steve Martin goes to get hot dog buns and has a nervous breakdown about how expensive his daughter's wedding is getting (thanks to Franc (Marin Short)). He opens the package of buns and pulls the extras out. An employee comes by and asks what he's doing and he replies that there are more buns in a package than hot dogs in a package, "all because some big shot at the weiner company got together with some big shot at the bun company..." Classic!

Girl Interrupted said...

What was your favourite flavour Jelly Belly Bean?

Some of them are kinda gross :/