Sunday, May 31, 2009

TBWCYL Day 151 - I just called...to say...I love you

Some days The Book is a jerk but today I was pleased with my task. I had to call my parents and tell them I loved them before it was to late.

So, I called my Dad and had a quick chat with him, which I need to do more often, and we don't really say "I Love You" so this was an anomaly. Here is how it went.

"bla bla bla...well I am going to go work on the fence."
"Ok."
"Ok. Bye."
"Wait. Dad."
"What?"
"I was just gonna tell you I love you."
"Oh. Well, I love you too."
"Great. Bye."
"Bye."

It was pretty funny and really went to show how manly we are.

I called my Mom later and we caught up on everything that was going on. I found out my Uncle Danny had been laid off two weeks ago, my nephew has a tooth coming in, my Grandma is doing good and Mom is stressed about work. After all that, I wanted to tell her I loved her and I did. She hasn't had a good couple of weeks.

So, while The Book can be a huge dick from time to time, it actually has some redeeming qualities. Kind of like me.

That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

This day redeems several of the not-so-great book tasks...I'm not sure how many tasks, but at least a few. Good job, book.

Girl Interrupted said...

Awww, good stuff!