Friday, May 29, 2009

TBWCYL Day 149 - Fix it

Today, I am supposed to help solve "An Intractable Global Geopolitical Crisis." The book suggests I come up with an idea and send it in to the U.N. but I think we all know that nothing would happen with this so instead I did something with actual value.


I donated $25 to UNICEF. If you don't know, UNICEF is a great organization that works globally to treat AIDS and HIV in children in impoverished areas, supplying much needed education to kids in high poverty parts of the world, supplying food vaccines, and clean water to Third World countries, and protect children from violence.

I know it is only $25 but it is also a start. The U.S Population Clock says that as of today, the United States has 306,537,460 people. If 1 percent of the American public donated $25, that would be a total of

7,664,325
That is ridiculous. 7 Million dollars by 1% of America. Even if we only did a tenth of a percent we could still reach almost a million bucks...and that is only for America.
So, I have done my part to help a Global Crisis in a real way.

That is all,

Newt

1 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

I was reading today that environmentalists are urging people to paint their roofs white in order to deflect the sunrays and help to save Polar Bears

Got any white paint?