Tuesday, May 19, 2009

All things Random

I have a confession to make. I am getting frustrated with The Book. I started doing the darn thing to give me something to post about daily but now it has started to feel like a chore. I am 139 days in and have started to loose a little steam. Also, I haven't felt as lively on my other posting because I do post once a day. So, to free my head of some clutter I present...All Things Random.

While on a train going between Munich and Prague, we discovered that if you go to the bathroom on the train, your flush deposits anything you release directly onto the train tracks. I stumbled across this when I flushed the toilet and then opened the window in the bathroom to look outside. Yes, that in and of itself was kind of weird. None the less, I saw water splash. I flushed again and saw it happen again. Diana later confirmed because after we switched trains in Prague, she went to the bathroom and when she flushed it just opened to the ground and you could see the tracks flashing by. She spent the rest of the ride looking for little toilet paper poo bombs on the ground as we rode along.
---
I hate going to the bathroom in airplanes. I had to though and there is a level of awkwardness not only as you stand outside that little 2 panel door as you time the person already in there, we all know what your doing in there because it doesn't take 10 minutes to pee, but the entire time I sit there doing my business I know that someone is repeating the cycle outside. I don't like the pressure. Give me some space man!!!!
---
I had to go 9 days without sex this week and I think I understand what torture victims go through. All of our hotel rooms were shared between myself, Diana, Erin, and occasionally my one-day-probably-sister-in-law Megan. They offered to go downstairs for a while to give us some alone time but Diana was not going for it. As she said it a small piece of my heart broke. I am tearing up just thinking about it.
---
I just realized yesterday that I am the only one of my cousins over the age of 23 that doesn't have a kid. So, aside from my 18 year old cousin(f), my 16 year old cousin(f), my 3 year old cousin(f) and 23 year old cousin(m) I am the last holdout. People just can't keep it in their pants.
---
I found out yesterday that my ex-fiancee(from many years ago) is pregnant. After I found out I threw my hands up and told Diana, "It wasn't me!"

That is all,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

I'm not surprised you're getting a bit cheesed off with The Book ... the bloody thing's a menace. You should do this more often, it was fun to read ... although, maybe a bit TMI at times :/

Trinity said...

I don't believe in TMI. I'm a sharer.

Erin said...

Yes, you are a sharer. That's all I have to say about that.