Thursday, March 26, 2009

TBWCYL Day 85 - 99 Red Balloons

I released a red balloon into the sky today. It was my task. I went to a local party shop and bought 1 red balloon. I stuck my business card into it and had them inflate it. I brought it home.

Here I am with my balloon. I am sad I have to release it into the wild.

It was windy so it flew away quite fast. I lost sight of it after about 20 seconds. I only knew you for a little while, red balloon, but you sure seemed to have a bubbly personality. Nothing could keep you down, that's for sure.

I leave you with the chorus to Red's favorite song.

"Ninety-nine red balloons
Floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
As ninety-nine red balloons go by"
That is all,

Newt

4 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

Wouldn't it be cool if Nena found your balloon!

Ps: hope you don't mind, I linked to your blog in my post

Trinity said...

Who is Nena? Link away.

Trinity said...

Nevermind, I found out who Nena is. I did not know who sang that song and when I looked up lyrics it said it was done by Goldfinger.

Girl Interrupted said...

I don't remember her that well, just that she's a German chick who caused alot of discussion about women with unshaved armpits