Sunday, March 08, 2009

TBWCYL Day 66 - Water, Water everywhere...

We are in Austin right now at the Baymont Inn and Suites so today's task was easy to do while in the hotel room. The task was to save water. The book states, "The battleground of the 21st Century will be the water supply."

So, to save water, I helped out the hotel. I even got Diana to join in on the conservation efforts. We showered together this morning in that not sexy fun way. It was all, "Are you ready to switch?" and "This side of the shower is cold." Then we reused the towels from yesterday's showers which means that is two towels that got to skip a washing, possibly saving an entire load.

All day, we experienced Austin so by staying on the move and reducing the amount of liquid I normally consume, I was able to reduce the amount of restroom visits I made. The key phrase to remember in water conservation is, 'If it's Yellow, let it Mellow. If it's Brown, flush it down.' So, that little nugget stayed in my head every time I went to the bathroom today. In the room, I got two uses for each flush, when I used a urinal, I helped the restroom gather that oh so subtle urine fragrance.

All in all, I think I might have reduced my water usage by a few gallons; that is a pretty good start if I do say so myself.

That is all,

Newt

0 Ripples in the pond: