Sunday, March 15, 2009

TBWCYL Day 74 - I'm thinking...

Today's post is about what I am thinking, or more specifically 'What I think'. This was one of those tasks that 4 years ago, I could have sent what I was thinking in to the no longer functioning area of thiswebsitewillchangeyourlife.com. Since that no longer is an option, I am going to tell you, my loyal friends and readers, what I think.

I f?<#ing hate Dairy Queen today. This Americana laden, ice cream cone dipping, Blizzard whipping piece of crap almost ruined my day today and I want to take that Bitch and rip her candy encrusted crown off of her DQ and beat her with it. My wife and I took in the 3D version of Coraline this afternoon. I love Neil Gaiman and this story was perfect for adaptation with stop motion animation. I waited to see it in 3D so I got the full affect. So, as per my usual routine, I went to Dairy Queen, which is merged with an Orange Julius in our local mall, to purchase an Iced Tea as I always do. We arrived at 11:55 a.m. to a girl at the counter and I asked for 2 Teas, to which her manager said "Sorry, not ready yet."

Excuse me? I jumped across the counter and forced his head into the soft serve machine. As his mouth filled with delicious frozen goodness I beat him over the head with a waffle cone and asked "Why the hell did you open if you weren't ready?" Then, I shook my head to dislodge the daydream I was having and we walked away disappointed. I was afraid the movie was ruined but I trudged on and enjoyed it none the less.

It brings me to the point of 'What I think' in that people take for granted the Iced Tea. American fast food workers suck. They think as long as they have the Coke and Dr. Pepper syrup flowing, that everyone is OK. Well, I AM NOT OK!!! I want tea. Iced Tea to be more specific. If it has sugar in it then you can suck my wiener. I don't like sugar in my drinks because there is no need. If you are going to open your shop, you better damn well have a fresh container of tea waiting, even if it never gets sold. When I worked fast food, that was one of the first things an opener did when they got there. It doesn't take long to start it and once you do, it takes care of itself.

Why am I penalized for not drinking sodas? Is this the new segregation? I already encounter a tea shortage every Wednesday at the local Whataburger when I go for lunch before my weekly comic book run. No matter what, they always run out before I can get my refill, as if lunch time were going to be busy or something. I invariably stand for 5 minutes while Xochie (Zoe-Chi) makes another batch. And yes, it is sad I know the names of the employees at the Whataburger. I just don't understand it. Convenience stores don't have tea, most restaurants think fresh brewed means the fountain has Lipton Brisk, and the people who do stock it don't consider it a real drink.

Tea Drinkers Unite!

That is what I think,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

Iced tea!!!

That's just wrong!

I'm British, so I should know ... drinking tea is the No. 1 national pastime here

Apologising is No. 2

So ... sorry for dissing iced tea

Trinity said...

I can understand your distaste for Iced Tea but here in America, and especially in Texas we put ice in our tea and drink 32 ounces at a time. I enjoy a good hot cup of tea every now and then but I drink Iced Tea all day.

If you haven't tried this, then you are missing out.