Monday, March 23, 2009

TBWCYL Day 82 - Lotus = Death

Today's task was painful. I had to sit in the Lotus position for 30 minutes which I cannot do. The book laid out that I was to put my right foot on my left thigh and my left foot on my right calf. I did this for about 10 minutes and the pain in my ankle was so intense that I almost cried. It felt like I had twisted my ankle after a bad fall or some other minor catastrophe.

I gave it about 20 minutes and switched position to have my left on my right calf. It was less painful and I spent 20 more minutes on the floor sitting and watching the last of 'Heroes'. This was sadistic. It definitely wasn't Zen.

That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Girl Interrupted said...

That book is seriously evil

If there is such as a thing as karma ... that book's coming back as a Jackie collins novel for sure

Trinity said...

The sad part is that in college I took yoga and was able to sit like this without a problem. 6 years can really beat the crap out of you.