Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TBWCYL Day 56 - Party like a Rock Star

So, today's task was to "Live the Hard Rock lifestyle". There are days I think this book was predestined to find me. Why? Well, I have been in Houston on a work trip and last night was the final night I was going to be there. So, a couple of friends of mine took me to a bar in Houston called Brian O'Neill's. My friend got trashed and by the end of the night, bordering midnight, I was pretty mellow. I never achieved drunk but before going out I had a Red Bull, just like a rock star, so I was good for the night.

Now, I feel like this is where I started living the Rock Star life. After crossing midnight, we decided to go get tacos at a place called Chachos. Awesome breakfast tacos but the staff were dicks. I went to bed at 2 a.m. in a hotel after drinking and partying all night. It doesn't get much more Rock Star then that.

I woke up and channeled my inner Steven Tyler by trashing my room. Don't worry, I put stuff back but it was kind of fun destroying the property. I picked up my friend and we went to grab some breakfast before work. I consider this part of my road tour. I finished up 'my set' in Houston around noon and got in the tour bus(i.e. Saturn Vue) and headed for Dallas. I pretended I had a show that I had to get to and all the roadies got sick.

I arrived home and got my Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock loaded up on the Wii so I could grind my axe. That means play my guitar for all of you losers that aren't rock stars like me. I popped open a couple of beers and got my rocking on by playing a set. You can check out the cool music video below.

I did a cover of Weezer's 'My Name is Jonas." Rivers Cuomo is going to be so jealous. Can he even hit 96% on the Medium setting? Probably not while looking as good as I did. And don't worry, I checked and I did not 'Rock Out with my Cock Out." The video is kid friendly.

Check out my awesome scissor kick.

That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

I believe pants were in order....

Trinity said...

Not when you are a Rock Star they aren't.