Sunday, February 15, 2009

TBWCYL Day 35 - Be My Valentine

Today's task again fit the calendar perfectly as it was 'Romance Day'. I did my best to be romantic but things didn't work out as I hoped. There wasn't a rooftop meeting or fireworks last night.

I began the day by giving Diana her Valentine's Day card in which 2 kids are kissing on the front and inside it said something like "I want ya, I gottcha, I'll keep ya, you're mine". I had written as many sweet sentiments inside it and it looked like a short story but I wanted to say 'I love you' in as many ways as I could. I also pulled out a box of chocolates, which is cliche' but I was kind of going for that vibe. We went and grabbed a bagel and split up for the day. We both had to work but I was going to cook dinner when I got home.

When I got home, Diana still had a little work to do so I began dinner by myself. The meal was Steak, Baked Potato and green beans with a cake for dessert. I threw the steaks on the grill and the potatoes in the microwave. She was going to stop working to help but she only had about 10 more minutes to go and I was hoping to have her for the rest of the night so I insisted that she just finish before dinner so she didn't have to go back to it after we ate. My mistake.

By the time she was done I had plated everything and was literally putting her plate on the table as she shut her laptop. Needless to say, we didn't cook a romantic meal together and since I got home so late, it was rushed and not as tasty as I had hoped. I popped open a bottle of wine and we ate. The best part of the meal was the store bought cake.

Now you're thinking, "Newt, surely you went and did super romantic things after dinner" to which I will say, "Yes, we tried to catch up on missed episodes of 'House' and 'Fringe' and followed it up by making fun of the Jonas Brothers on SNL. Eat your heart out Hugh Grant.

So, to sum up the day consisted of work for the both of us, a rushed dinner and TV. In other words the day was no different than any other. Not the best effort for romance.

That is all,

Newt

0 Ripples in the pond: