Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TBWCYL Day 38 - Halleluja

As you may know, I was in NY for the 36 thru 39th days of my tasks. Day 38 was to spend some time in a church. I will admit that I am one of the least religious fellows I know and this one didn't seem very interesting to me, plus I was on vacation so I kind of cheated.

Have any of you ever heard of John's Pizzeria in Times Square? It is a pizza place that makes brick oven pizza and it is awesome. We discovered it last year on the Food Network and tried it for the first time last February. Well, the neat thing about John's Pizzeria is that it is run out of an old abandoned church. Not only that, when the church was turned into a restaurant they kept the stain glassed windows and ceilings.

I know I cheated on this one but we ate dinner there on Saturday night which means I spent some time in church. Also, I was at a comic convention so I had quite a few religious experiences when I got all sorts of gold(comic art) frankincense(signed comics) and Mir(trade paperbacks). I went to a geeks cathedral and between that and seeing The Little Mermaid, I was short on time so I did what I had to do.

That is all,

Newt

1 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

I think pizza could be a religious experience, especially when consumed in a former house of worship. It counts in my book.