Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TBWCYL Day 49 - Arrested Development

Well, today didn't go well. My task was to make a citizen's arrest and I was given a 'ticket' to hand out when I made my bust. It didn't matter what offense was perpetrated, I was just supposed to find someone. I thought maybe I could get a litterer or jaywalker but the problem is, I didn't have any luck. I hate when I can't complete a task but no one would break any laws while I was around.

I didn't know what to do. I was in traffic when a motorcycle zoomed in between two cars and I almost went after the guy but he was too fast and I didn't think I had a chance to catch him. I carried my ticket around all day but it just didn't happen. I must apologize for my failure, dear reader. I will try harder on the next task.

That is all,

Newt

5 Ripples in the pond:

Erin said...

Erin: Hey, let's rob a bank!
Random Individual #1: Ok, that sounds totally awesome!
Erin: I've planned it all out - check out that sweet getaway car, my fully loaded shotgun, and these stealthy ski masks.

Quick, arrest me for conspiracy!! It's 11:39 PM on the East Coast! Still time to get this done TODAY!

Erin said...

This post also reminds me of the imminent arrival of the Arrested Development movie - it is happening, isn't it?!?

Trinity said...

Thanks for the attempt but that just isn't going to work. When I set out to do this, I planned to do it to the best of my ability. It's not so bad to think that people actually didn't break the law.

And I am not sure about the A.D. movie.

Addy's Daddy said...

Couldn't you have just issued the ticket to yourself or Diana? Have one of you run a stop sign and give the ticket....

Trinity said...

I felt that instead of faking the task, it was better to keep the exercise pure. I could theoretically do all of these tasks by only including myself but I would rather fail than fake it. Plus, the task just said to issue it if I saw a law being broken and I didn't.