Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TBWCYL Day 41 - Knighty Knight

Todays task was to apply for Knighthood so I wrote the Prime Minister of England, Gordon Brown and asked for a Knightship. I will be mailing this tomorrow but here is my letter.

Dear Prime Minister Gordon Brown,

I am writing today to ask for Knighthood. I am sure you are probably wondering who I am and that is understandable. My name is Trinity David Vaughn and I live in Dallas, Texas or more specifically Lewisville, Texas. To begin, I will explain why I am writing. I began an experiment on January 1st of this year. A book called This Book Will Change Your Life was written in 2004 and in it, it gives the reader 365 different tasks that will hopefully change the readers life. I have faithfully completed each of these tasks to date and I am now charged with requesting Knighthood.

I am not sure what the exact qualifications are for Knighthood but I am hoping to make a case for myself. In days of old Knights went on quests which I draw similar parallels in my current quest to complete the task before me and look for my own Holy Grail that is a change in my life.

I am a passionate, determined young man who holds heroism above most other things. I have been a comic book collector from a young age and view justice as an important ideal to have. Also, I have tried to make charity more of a mission than in years prior.

I have always dreamed of living in the United Kingdom and my wife and I have plans to begin a rotation in London later in the year. I am looking forward to getting to know your country and feel like a small part of me has always belonged there.

Please consider my request for Knighthood. While it is an abnormal request from an American, I fell like I embody the ideals of a Knight and can uphold the ideals and traditions of the knights of old.

Thank you for the consideration,

Trinity Vaughn

I guess we will see if everyone will have to start calling me Sir soon.

That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

I knight you "Sir Dumbass" for not realizing that the PM doesn't knight anyone. The Royal Family has that power, so you should have written your letter to the Queen Mother. You might want to figure out that whole parliamentary monarchy thing before you hop across the pond....

Trinity said...

Hey, dickwad, I know who knights people but my book states that you have to turn all inquiries into the Prime Minister. Therefor, I followed the directions and maybe the Prime Minister will be nice enough to nominate me.

You can be the Earl of Douche.