Thursday, June 29, 2006

McEquality

I have a fairly regular tradition now that I work two miles away from Whataburger. At least once a week I go to eat there and take a book to read while I eat my #5: Bacon Cheeseburger, plain mustard only, Whatasized with an Ice Tea.

If you have never read in a fast food establishment then you should really try it. There is a level of anonymity that a book gives you. You can read and be left alone for most of the time you are there. You don’t get looked at because people assume you are reading.

During my literary lunches is when I discovered a fact that never occurred to me working two years at the wonder that is Taco Villa. Fast food is the great equalizer. From behind a book, newspaper, or magazine a person gets to people watch. And what you see is that EVERYBODY eats fast food.

In my forays to the lunch counter, I have seen beauties & beast, elderly & infant, male & female. Just a few days ago I saw an aged man with a chin that reached inches farther than it should accompany a Chinese woman with no facial hair. No eyebrows, no eyelashes. But they were drawn on. I saw a family of four that were avid golfers. I saw a girl who looked like she has never eaten a hamburger ordering a combo. Right behind her a woman who looks like she should be served in between a bun rather than ordering her sister.

Everyone eats out. Everyone. This is not a blanket statement. You will never be able to find a person who has never eaten at a Jack in the Box, McDonalds, or Burger King. Pick a restaurant. It doesn’t matter.

With Racism, bigotry and all around dislike for people in general, the fast food industry is the place where we can all come together. As long as you can afford to buy your dinner, it doesn't matter who you are. Name another time that you have eaten in the same room as a homeless person. Exactly. Even President Clinton was a fan of the Big Mac.

Unity should be defined by a combo number. And if you Upsize, then you'll have just increased the solidarity of the world.

That is all,

Newt

8 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

Interesting concept, HLM. However, I must make it known that your tub-o'-lard ass is never going to lose weight if you continue to eat as much fast food as you do! You could drink more DP if you would stop eating that Whataburger... especially the Whatasized!

That's just an FYI for you...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thomas it's so nice to have you back to the bloging world.

Trinity said...

You dont know what you are talking about. I only eat Whataburger for lunch if I go out. Otherwise its PB&J and Pringles every day. And the only thing I have eaten for Breakfast in the last two weeks, aside from the weekends, is yogurt. And when I do eat out at night, I go for the healthiest thing I can find. So shut it THIN MAN.

Addy's Daddy said...

At least once a week I go to eat there and take a book to read while I eat my #5: Bacon Cheeseburger, plain mustard only, Whatasized with an Ice Tea.


That is a direct quote from this post, loser! If you don't go there once a week, then you shouldn't have said you did! How am I to know what eating habits you have except for what you tell me FAT BOY!

Trinity said...

Look AHOLE, Eating out once a week isn't bad for you. Eating out every day, now that would be bad. And just an FYI, I dont use salad dressing, as your previous comment states that I use loads of it. Nil. Thats how much I use. The only thing I eat is spinach leaves, a light sprinkle of cheese and a few croutons. So, quit slandering my diet. I am eating healthy!

sarah said...

Nice job.
Can I link?

Trinity said...

Sarah, Link away. The more participation I have, the more fun this blog will be.

Trinity said...

Sarah, I dont know who you are, but Link away. The more participation I can get the more fun I will have posting.