Friday, June 09, 2006

Go Mavs!

So, I am starting to catch the fever. That's right, last night I went to Dave & Busters to watch the Mavericks win Game 1 of the Finals 90 to 80 against the Miami Heat. This is a monumental day for a number of reasons. Number one is that I, and by I I mean Diana, bought a Mavericks shirt and wore it out last night. Second, I actually care if we win, and for those of you that know me that is a new development. Third, I watched the game. No, really I did. I'm serious. The first half was kind of hard to see since we were at a bar, but we watched the second half at Erin's so I could both see and hear the game.

Now, I am more a fan in the sense that I want the Mavs to win and will enjoy being from a city with a winning team. But that shouldn't discount my support. No, I probably couldn't name more than a few of the players and yes, I did just find out that Avery Johnson is black but who cares. I live in Dallas, and when in Dallas you root for the home team.

Go Mavs. Oh, and by the way, for anyone who watched the game and saw Terrel Owens get interviewed, I just have one comment. That guy is a douche bag. He is already disliked in the city of his new team, but last night while being interviewed he had on a Miami Heat Jersey. His reason? "Shaq is my boy, and friendship runs thicker than Blood" or something like that. Keep diggin' T.O. One day you won't be able to buy your way out of that hole.

That is all,

Newt

Go Mavs!

0 Ripples in the pond: