Friday, June 23, 2006

I was Huck Finn in a previous life

On Monday I decided something. I decided I would go buy me a raft and float “The River.” In this case, my mighty Mississippi is the pond next to my apartment. For those of you who don’t know, our apartment is next to a park and in the park there is a pond. The pond runs out and goes under Macarthur and follows some streets. I am not exactly sure where the pond ends up but I intend to find out. So, with my trusty sidekicks Duncan and Hazel, we will float the river.

Below is the map. The blue part is where we will be floating. I plan to start in the morning so anyone driving around my area, swing by and see if you can spot me. I will try to take pictures and put them on here sometime next week.


Ahoy,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

your seriously going to do that??

Trinity said...

That I am. I am getting up bright and early Saturday morning and rafting my butt off. I already packed my ice chest.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the rafting! I'm sorry I won't be here to rescue you....well, only if you needed rescuing, which hopefully you won't...anyway, best wishes!