Friday, June 16, 2006

Just what the Doctor Ordered

So, today at work we bought Pizza for a guy for his birthday lunch and while we were eating I broke. By that I don't mean that any part of me snapped off, though I have about 30 lbs that could fall off. No, I mean that I broke down and did something that I haven't done since High School. I drank...a Dr. Pepper.

For those of you who don't know, this was my drug of choice throughout most of my adolescent life. I would put back three or four of these a day. But I finally decided to kick the habit when I turned 16 and I haven't looked back.

Sure, I had some Dr. Pepper flavored Jelly Belly's and I would kiss Diana after she had drank one, intentionally I might add. But I never threw one back until today. What made me do it? you ask. I have no idea. It was just sitting there and I was out of water in my cup. I looked at it, staring longingly and remembering all the good time me and the Doc use to have. And I have to say, It was good.

Now don't worry. I'm not back on the wagon, or is it off the wagon? I never could get that one down. No, I just went for it and now I will probably wait a few years and then have another one. But, I just had to confess my sin.

That is all,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

WHAAAAA HAAPPENNNEDD????

Anonymous said...

they are good, i've tried to stop so many times.

Nat

Anonymous said...

Drinking the DP: falling off the wagon.
Not having DP for the next few years: on the wagon.

You know, they DO make diet DP. Or does it taste terribly?

Teri:)