Monday, January 15, 2007

Is White always right?

So, I was sitting in the place where I do my best thinking, the toilet, and I thought of a question for the ages. Why does toilet paper only come in white? While I am sure that there has been the rare occasion where another color of toilet paper has been made, it is still a predominantly white product.

Now, I know that it is possible to make colored tissue. Kleenex offers tons of different makes and models for their brand of facial tissue. With the constant need for people to make things match, you would think that Charmin, Angel Soft or hell, Sam's Choice would have gotten on the ball with this and make some new choices.

I would really like to see someone come out with a plaid toilet paper. I would totally wipe my ass with plaid.

That is all,

Newt

5 Ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

I've seen pink toilet paper once. It was New Years Eve of 1996 and my friend Danelle, Melinda, and I went to some woman's house to use the restroom. She had pink toilet paper. Melinda was incredibly drunk and so excited to see pink toilet paper, she took the whole role. We were really drunk and I have no idea who the woman was. Oh memories.

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing pink TP in folks' houses as well - usually people the age of my grandmother. I haven't seen it in years, though, and the only alternative color I've ever seen is pink.

Addy's Daddy said...

In former East Germany they have what we call "the East German two-ply". It was just a shade lighter than a brown paper bag and only just softer. Maybe if you make it any color other than white (and I guess pink)it won't be as soft? Crazy former Communists....

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am commenting on this, but Italy seems to have all possible toilet paper colors AND they're scented accordingly. My husband's family was particularly fond of the peach colored/scented tissue. It was horrifying.

Trinity said...

Thomas, let me remind you that Kleenex offers many different colors of tissue and that stuff is really soft.

Teri, why does the idea of peach on your bum freak you out? Hell, it can't smell any worse down there.