Friday, January 26, 2007

When I grow up...

Do you remember in school when your teacher would make you write down what you wanted to be when you grow up? If so, are you what you wanted to be? I am currently not the owner of T-N-T Comics so I have fallen a little short on my original goal, but it's still in the mix. It has just been pushed back due to realism.

It seems kind of funny to think that we ask 8 year olds to choose a path. I know when I was 8, I had a ton of cool things going on but I wasn't sure where I would be working in 15 years. Maybe we should just all be assigned generic professions as babies. You know, "Trinity, you are on the path to being a concert pianist; Diana, you are going to grow up and become a grave digger; Thomas, you will become a male prostitute."

Who knows, maybe unemployment would be down because kids would automatically be prepared for a job and then we wouldn't need so many public servants while simultaneously having so many burger flippers.

I know this is stupid. That's the point. Kids change. Someone might want to be a nurse and then realize accountancy is a better choice(Diana). Hell, children shouldn't have to make those kinds of decisions so early in life. Not that its a bad idea to ask, just don't expect them to stick to it.
That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

Let me know when you want to get on that whole T N T comics thing... tear....

Trinity said...

We can open it up as soon as you move to Dallas. Your Move.