Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tuber...It's not a Tuber

What is up with the soggy fry? Diana and I went to Whataburger for breakfast last week and I got fries and low and behold, there was a soggy fry in the fry container. Having worked fast food for years I never could understand why people under cook the fries.

First, french fries are to stay in really hot grease for 3 to 3.5 minutes. If you are in a hurry, 2.5 minutes will do but it just never tastes as good. I understand the term is 'Fast Food" but who can't wait that long?

Second, there is this disdain for the world that occurs when you have been eating crispy, salty fries and you reach in and grab a soggy spud. I mean, c'mon. Cook all the fries. I shouldn't have to miss out on that heart clogging goodness just because Rosita, the fry lady can't keep her fuckin' basket in the oil. It has a timer Rosita, a timer! That means you don't pull the baskets out until the beep!!! WHY DO YOU HATE THE FRIES, ROSITA!?! YOU STUPID BI...

Whoa, that got out of hand.

That is all,

Newt

4 Ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

you have fry issues ...

did something happen to you when you where a little chamacito that involved papas fritas?

Anonymous said...

why does the fry lady have to be a mexican woman named rosita?

Trinity said...

She doesn't have to be, she just is. And the Whataburger I eat at is predominately Mexican.

Addy's Daddy said...

Yeah, Natalee! The Whataburger staff is always Mexian! I'm surprised you didn't know that.... And the Taco Bueno staff is usually Indian, and let me tell you how funny it is when you hear a stereotypical Indian accent say Quesadilla! "Can I have a BK Wedgie?"