Friday, March 16, 2007

Holy Lawn Care Batman!!!

Well I suppose I am officially a homeowner now. Sure, I have redone a few things here and there. Textured walls, painted, had carpet installed, etc. But Wednesday I completed a rite of passage known as "The First Mow".

I am an old pro at mowing yards but to actually own the yard I was mowing is quite a feat. To be more precise, I actually mowed weeds with an occasional blade of grass thrown in. My mother-in-law to be was kind enough to give us her lawnmower, weed eater and blower so I was all set. My yard being so small, it didn't take long to finish.

Yesterday I went out and bought a spreader and some weed killer/fertilizer and put that out so hopefully I can get a lush green yard instead of a plot filled with weeds of unknown origin.

That is all,

Newt

2 Ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

How domestic of you! I'm so very proud.

Anonymous said...

Be careful with your fertilizing, one of the first years in our first home Mr. Lee Ramsey did his first fertilizing and he striped our lawn. everyone on the block loved the punkrock lawn. Yellow, green, yellow, green, yellow, green, you get it. Hope it turns out better than that. Love Mom-in-law.