Thursday, June 14, 2007

A post on Christianity

Well, I finished reading Christopher Moore's novel Lamb. It is the story of Christ and his best friend Biff and fills in the gap of the years before Jesus was thirty. It is great and very funny. The reason I am posting is due to something I read in this book and wished to share. I feel it is the best summation of Christianity that I have ever heard. It goes as follows...

You should be nice to people, even creeps.
And if you:
a) believed that Jesus was the Son of God (and)
b) he had come to save you from sin (and)
c) acknowledged the Holy Spirit within you(became as a little child, he would say) (and)
d) didn't blaspheme the Holy Ghost (see c),
then you would:
e) live forever
f) someplace nice
g) probably heaven
However, if you:
h) sinned (and/or)
i) were a hypocrite (and/or)
j) valued things over people (and)
k) didn't do a,b,c, and d,
then you were:
l) fucked

Now if that's not Christian faith, I don't know what is.

I also leave you with this quote:
Nobody's perfect.....well, there was this one guy but we killed him.
Anonymous

That is all,

Newt

3 Ripples in the pond:

Addy's Daddy said...

Where did you get that quote? That is awesome! I think I will borrow that book when I come up next weekend. I'm fresh out of new stuff to read and I have to fill the time between now and Harry Potter somehow!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the christianly advice.

oh and that was a nice quote.

Trinity said...

The quote starts the last part of the book. I guess you can borrow it but you better treat it right. No two timing with some other book.